When I think of being flexible, I cannot help but think of the word “compromise”. In a perfect world, everything would revolve around me, and I would get my way. Unfortunately that perfect world does not exist.
My two brothers and I enjoy playing Madden Football on the Xbox 360. We connect to the internet and play from our own homes. The three of us started a season online so that we could play against one another as well as compile statistics and compare them to one another. Due to our busy and much different schedules it is very difficult to coordinate times to play against each other. Both of my brothers are in the restaurant business, so their night usually ends after eleven at night. I have an internship that requires me to wake up extremely early; therefore I go to bed usually no later than ten.
I perceive myself as being flexible because I decided that two nights during the week I will stay up late and play, so that we can keep our online season moving. If it were up to them they would want to play every night after they got off from work, and if it were up to me I would play in the early afternoon. I feel I am being flexible because I am compromising with my brothers rather than being hard-nosed and only playing when it fits my schedule.
I think that my brothers view me as being flexible because I am willing to play two nights (late at night) a week rather than zero. They realize that if it is not good enough for them then I won’t even participate in the online gaming. At the same time I saw that if I wasn’t a little flexible, then we wouldn’t have an online season either.
Overall this reflection has shown me the importance of not only being flexible but compromising with others.
No comments:
Post a Comment