Monday, November 22, 2010

Self-Actualization/Self-Realization


Self-Actualization/Self-Realization

                Unfortunately I have suffered from a traumatic brain injury, and Self-Actualization/Self-Realization is an everyday concept that I must be aware of at all times.  Each day I become more and more aware of who I am and what I can and cannot do. It is important to be aware of this concept at all times because after suffering from a brain injury and dealing with its lasting effects, it is very easy to develop a delusional depiction of Self-Actualization/Self-Realization.
                The core value that I believe every person should have but unfortunately does not is Integrity. I see Integrity as such an important concept because for people who struggle with it see that being honest with yourself is sometimes harder than being honest with others.  To me being dishonest is a cop-out when put in an uncomfortable situation.
                Teachers are in a unique position because society trusts them with their children and essentially their future. For a teacher not to display integrity, in my eyes is nearly criminal, and should take away your right to be a teacher. Part of the reason I want to be a teacher is because inevitably, teachers serve as role models to their students. If a teacher is dishonest, they are doing a huge disservice to society, and the kids that look up to them.
                There are many values and core beliefs that I believe to possess, and that I think all teachers should have. I think Integrity stands alone. Integrity shows what kind of Man (or Woman) that you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment