Sunday, October 31, 2010

What influences my emotions/mood

This week I kept track of the different emotions that I felt, and what it was that influenced those emotions. The emotions that I am going to list here are not in particular order; they are just categorized into “Good Emotions” and “Bad Emotions.”

The Good……

Friday morning- It was moving day for me and I moved from my brother’s house into my own apartment. The right emotion to describe this is excited. I’m ready for change and I am excited to be on my own. (Without any roommates.)

Wednesday morning through early afternoon- I had me internship today, and I really enjoy it and I feel like I am getting a lot out of it. The classes that I am working with give me valuable insight to what it will be like when I am a teacher. The emotion that I feel here is Motivation/inspiration.

Saturday morning- Its Halloween season, and this year I am going to a costume party/reunion with some friends from High school. I haven’t seen a lot of these friends in over 5 years so I am excited for it.

The Bad……..

Wednesday night- I am packing/getting ready for my move on Friday when I injure my back lifting an entertainment center. I am very frustrated because of this because I have an entire weekend of moving ahead of me and I seriously hurt my back.

Sunday morning- The Broncos lost in football and the emotion or mood that it puts me in is best described as shocked. I realize that it is only football, but I also realize that my favorite team is no good, and that is not a lot of fun.


What influences my moods/emotions?

The Good: I am really looking forward to my future and what it has in store for me. Things are really starting to fall into place for me and I am realizing that more and more each day. I try to surround myself with positive things and positive people because I feel like I have to do that in order to be happy in life.

The Bad: I am coming to the realization that all of the negative emotions that I feel are/can be controlled by me. If I get into better shape, I probably won’t hurt my back in the future. As for the Broncos loss, and the way it affects my mood, I feel it to be normal to be down when your team loses. In the past a loss would nearly ruin my week. Now I just tell myself that it is just football, and that Id be the luckiest man alive if that was my biggest problem.

Overall I had a pretty decent week. Not a lot happened regarding my mood and emotions. I see that I am in complete control on whether or not I am going to have a good day or a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment