This week I am going to reflect on how I divide up my time between school, work, family and fun. For me this is surprisingly easy.
School is my number one priority in life, at least for right now. I don't have a job because I Student Loans are what supports my every day living. I do enjoy to and spend a lot of time with my family. My two brothers are my best friends, and I am fortunate enough to be very close with my parents. I don't go out a whole lot because I don't have a job and I don't want to use borrowed money to pay for fun.
I devote most of my time to school. This entails all of the homework that I have as well as the reading and my internship at Ironwood high school. I don't find the actual coursework to be very challenging, but it is time consuming.
Since I do not work, I substitute the time I would spend working with developing a healthier lifestyle. This entails working out, hiking and anything else that is considered "exercising."
I live about ten minutes away from my parents and about 15 minutes away from my brothers, so it is very easy for me to see/spend time with them. My older brother has a one-year old nephew that I have to babysit quite often, but I love spending time with the little guy and becoming his favorite uncle.
For fun, I go out on a lot of dates. I'm not the party animal that I used to be or that my friends are so I have a lot of fun going out to movies and other date type activities. I also play in dart leagues, kickball leagues, softball leagues and dodge ball leagues (don't be jealous) so that keeps me awfully busy on the weekends.
After reflecting upon how I spend my time, I definitely see some room for improvement. I have alot of down time, and to fix that I think I may start volunteering or even get a part time job. Overall though, I have good relationships with family and friends, my grades are fantastic and I am happy with how I spend my time.
No comments:
Post a Comment