Monday, November 29, 2010

Self Actualization Continued/revised


    1.    Name five of your core valuesin order of priority if possibleand describe why they are important to you.
-Integrity- The foundation of all relationships in life is Honesty/Trust. What am I if my word is no good?
-Loyalty- Loyalty to both myself and the people I love is extremely important. It ties back in with trust as well.
Compassion- A combination of Empathy and Sympathy. It is important to love and care about others whether I know them or not.
Courage- Being brave enough to do the right thing, even if the right thing is not popular. “Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.”-From some song.
Perseverance- Once starting something, have the will to finish it no matter what it takes. “When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
Author Unknown  “Courage doesn’t always roar loudly, sometimes it’s that quiet voice that says “I will try again tomorrow” –Dr. Kristina Kwasnica      


    2.    How do you bring your values into your professional and personal lives? How good a job do you feel you are doing at living your values?
           I try to live by these values everyday of my life. I believe they make me who I am as well as direct me towards the man I want to become. Life has punched me harder than most and these virtues help me see through it and motivate me to continue on.
    3.    What really interests you? How do you (or could you) actualize your interests even more, whether at work, in a community setting, or as a hobby?
           Helping people in anyway is what interests me. I am a firm believer in “paying it forward.” Many people helped me when I was in need, so I owe it to those people and all the selfless acts they made to pay it forward.
    4.    How much time do you set aside each week to do what truly interests you and how significant is the reward you receive?
           There is no better feeling than the feeling of satisfaction after positively impacting someone’s life. “Even the tiniest of lights shine in a dark room.” I strive to be that light, regardless of how big it is.
    5.    What are the key skills you bring to life?
           Because of my life journey, I have been told that I am inspirational. I feel like I have the courage to persevere even when it seems all hope is lost. I never thought this was too big of a deal, because it is just what you do.
    6.    How fully are you able to express them at home? In the workplace? In your community?
           I am able to express this at home, in the community and in the workplace by setting an example for others to see and hopefully follow. “Quitting is a choice. If you quit, you’re choosing to fail.”
    7.    Describe how well you do at accepting yourself and others unconditionally.
           In the past I have had problems accepting others unconditionally, but I had no problems accepting myself. Now I have zero problems accepting others for what/who they are yet I struggle with accepting myself.
    8.    Name some circumstances where you have found yourself expressing awe and/or gratitude.
           I find myself expressing awe anytime someone else puts themselves on the line for another. I find myself expressing gratitude anytime someone does this for me and anytime I accomplish a goal that I have been striving for.
    9.    Briefly discuss the level of trust and depth you experience in your personal relationships.
           I do not have a lot of friends nor do I have a big family. I am 100% okay with this. The friends/family that I do have the level of trust and depth that I share with them is immeasurable. I cherish that.
    11.  Do you feel that your life path is leading you to live up to your potential?
           I am just beginning to see what my potential is, and I do believe that my life path of becoming a teacher and making a positive difference in other’s lives exceeds whatever my true potential is.  
    12.  What else seems important to you as a part of this reflection?
           Ultimately, I think being aware of who you really are, and being honest with yourself and others is extremely important. I believe it is also important to not set limits and not settle with what you think you are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment