Friday, December 10, 2010

Interpersonal relationships


Reflect on your life and on the significant events that generally made you who you are. Some of the events will have been happy and successful; some of them will have been less so. Some of them you will enjoy sharing with everyone; some of them you may not want to discuss until you know someone can respect and appreciate that part of your life. Just remember that you have the power to choose whatever you share in the adventure of making new friends!
    Write a brief note to remind yourself of at least four of these stories and record them below under the heading of Life Changes.
LIFE CHANGES
-Traumatic Brain Injury-Has shaped me into the man I am suppose to become.
-Graduated from College-School and Education is very important to me.
-An All-State Athlete-I both love sports and was very good at them. I gave up a career in Football to pursue a life as an educator.
-Volunteered at a Rehab facility-I helped adolescents and their families cope and deal with living with a disability. This was a very rewarding experience because it gave people Hope.

Now reflect on some background aspects of your life: where you were born and grew up, what your parents did for work, your favorite subject, sport, or hobby in school, how many siblings you have, were you the oldest, youngest, and other pertinent information. List the four or five of these facts that are the most fun for you to talk about under the heading of Background Events.
BACKGROUND EVENTS
-Dad was a police officer, and Mom was a physical therapist, so I was a well behaved and hard working kid growing up.
- I have one younger brother and an older brother and sister. My brothers even though we are three years apart, look identical. I have never been close with my sister because she is fifteen years older than I am.
-My favorite subject in school is history, and I hope to teach it one day.
-I am from Denver, Colorado, but moved to Phoenix when I was 8.

In a third category, list two or three things you would like to achieve: finding a branch in your family tree, improving your golf or bowling or bridge score, getting your baby to sleep through the night, and so on.
GOALS:
-Become a father and be the best father I can be. I think my calling in life was not to be a teacher which I am aspiring to become, or to be a Football player which I passed up on, but was my dream, it is to be a dad, just like my dad is to me.
-Always be a good person and a man of integrity. This is my pathway to happiness, and it is something that only I can control.
In your fourth category, list a few details about each of your two most favorite vacations.
Vacation #1-Road trip to Wisconsin- Three years after my TBI I finally got my Drivers License back, and I decide to drive 3/4 across the country to see my best friend in Milwaukee Wisconsin. It was not only a lot of fun, but I also proved to myself that I had conquered the TBI, but I proved that I was able to be independent. 
Vacation #2-Ski trip to Breckinridge, Colorado- My favorite thing to do in this world is to go Snow Skiing. In the winter of 2005, I went with my friends on a ski-trip that was a lot of fun. I was with good friends, and there isn’t anything much better than creating lifelong memories with friends doing the things you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment